Our school is focusing on Healthy Eating as our Health Promoting School’s area for promotion throughout the school community for this year. Each class will be making their own soup or smoothie recipe to see what fabulous fruit and variety of vegetables can be used in these recipes. 5th class have made a ‘Fruit Fusion Smoothie’. They carefully thought out what ingredients to include and sampled the smoothie when made – those happy faces show that it was a big hit! Give it a try!
Fruit Fusion Smoothie
3 spoons of Liberte natural fat free yogurt
½ peeled banana
5 chunks of pineapple
What you will need:
1. Firstly, gather all the delicious ingredients and the equipment.
2. Then chop the banana, strawberries and pineapple into bite size pieces.
3. Next, fill the measuring jug with 150ml of water.
4. Spoon the yogurt into the blender and pour the water in also.
5. After that, place all the fruit into the blender.
6. Secure the lid to the blender and make sure it is sealed tightly.
7. Blend the mixture for approximately 10 seconds. Give it a shake and blend again.
8. Remove the lid and pour your delicious Fruit Fusion into a glass