The children of Senior Infants were all eyes and ears ( and mouths, hands and noses) as we celebrated science week on November 11th. The children studied the 5 senses and conducted 5 experiments for their parents to illustrate the benefits of our senses.
- Sight – children focussed on no sight through playing a game of headbands
- Touch – Children made sensory secret bags to show soft, smooth, hard, rough and bumpy.
- Hearing – Children made instruments, and balloon vibrations and played a game of ‘guess that sound’.
- Taste – Mystery taste testing – sweet, sour, bitter and salty.
- Smell – Scent detectives – peppermint, cinnamon, coffee, chocolate, salt and pepper.